Being an essential part of our health and sanity while also in general, a very necessary part of our daily routines. We take sleeping pretty much for granted and often overlook the many quirks about sleeping. Getting a good night’s sleep is more than just some shut-eye action overnight! Yes, things like the surface you are sleeping on and the pillow your head is rested on are essential components of a good night’s sleep and many other physiological factors such as posture.
On the subject of pillows, having something to rest your head on is also important because it serves several purposes. But what if a pillow went beyond even all of that? Today, we will be looking at a pillow that acts as your local chiropractor: The Therapeutica Sleeping Pillow Reviews.
What’s so grand about this pillow? Well, just the mere first sight of this pillow is bound to catch your attention. The design of the pillow is such that it has several components for different parts of the body; a slope in the center that moves up to a hollow area for your head. The hollow for the head is flanked on two sides by two cushioned surfaces where you place your shoulders on.
The reasoning for this design of pillow is pretty neat. Instead of having the same, even surface that regular pillows do, the different ‘compartments', if you will, are all designed to be the perfect support for each organogram of the upper body, ensuring that you sleep with the most appropriate posture possible.
With this design, if you have postural problems in the upper back and above and are suffering from momentary or frequent pain in these regions. This pillow should be the perfect remedy to correct these issues. You’ll be surprised by just how many people don’t even know anything about these facets and as a result, end up sleeping in postures that are outright bad for the neck and lower back. If you’ve ever woken up after a long night’s sleep with a niggling ache in your neck, now you know why!
Advantages of owning a pillow like this:
- Unlike most other pillows that are made primarily with comfort in mind, this is made purely for posture correction. I’ve already highlighted some of the ways in which your regular pillows might not be the best for your head and neck. Even though comfort is an essential part of a good night’s sleep, you really shouldn’t prioritize it over your postural discipline, unless you want to wake up with a sore neck every now and then. This pillow is nowhere near as comfortable but it will definitely make sure you have a proper night’s sleep.
- Contrary to what a lot of people might think or might behave like, soft pillows are not good for you! Sure, a fluffy pillow feels much nicer to sleep in but they’re also more likely to leave you with neck and back problems if you sleep in them too frequently. A pillow designed like this really does need to be firm in order to fulfill its properties but in the long run, it is going to be much more beneficial for you than soft pillows. Stick to soft pillows only in hotels, I recommend. We all need a little comfort but keeping that super comfort restricted to hotels is going to keep your neck safe!
- Finally, this pillow comes in five different sizes; ranging from a child’s size to average to X Large, making sure there is coverage for people of all ages and sizes. Kids can suffer from bad posture too, you know! And especially nowadays with toddlers as young as 4 years old, also being stuck to their phones all the time, lazily pushing away on their phones on the bed. There’s bound to be a lot of younger people with postural issues due to poor sleeping habits. Having a pillow of the sort will make sure that even the youngest members of the family are sleeping well and adequately.
Even with the best of things, there are drawbacks and while they might not be that severe or even significant. It’s something you’ll want to consider before you make a purchase and like any good review. It’s my job to inform you of all potential pitfalls.
These disadvantages are:
- The design and firmness of this pillow is not something that a person will be at home with right from the off. It needs to be given sufficient time to properly wear on the user and more likely than not, you won't be getting a decent enough sleep the first few nights. You'll likely need to alternate between this pillow and your regular pillow and spend some time lying down on it before your body is going to be entirely at home with it.
- As I have stated already, it definitely isn’t the most comfortable and while comfort can be very deceptive, we definitely do need a dose of it. A lot of people will not be able to adjust fully to this firm build and unique design, particularly if they’ve rested their heads on high comfort pillows their whole lives. At times like this, you might be better off if you’ve lived in relatively less comfort! At least you have good posture going forward than the counterparts which had those comforts. Silver linings, eh?!
By now, you should have an idea of what to expect from this pillow. If I had to make recommendations, I’d tell you to definitely get it if you’re at a point where your posture is in dire need of fixing. In fact, if it’s that bad, your chiropractor probably recommended you to get something like this already, I’d bet. So you know where to start!
If you don’t meet this criterion, still consider. It’s better to have good posture and be healthy than bad posture and risking it. I’m sure you will get used to it unless you’re like the princess from Princess and the Pea!